Attaining another year in one’s life gives a lot of beautiful things. However, it somehow provides some loss on the capacity to expand and retain memories. We can not help aging to come but what we can do is to lessen and keep up the fondest memories as long as we can.
Here are exercises to you retain your memory longer than expected.
- Not being focused one hundred percent might let you miss crucial details of the conversation. Think about your subject and focus on these things to make the memory stick.
- Place your stuff where you will notice them directly. Keep them on places or beside things you usually use like your phone or computer. These can help you remember important tasks and information.
- Your brain is kind of like a muscle that you have to work out to keep your memory sharp. Research has shown that puzzles can ward off senility, so why not play puzzle games if your time allows.
- Use calendars and a day planner to keep track of events. Get a planner and jot down essential information that you need to retrieve. Have a plan out a schedule for yourself and look at it often. It can help your mind to remember things written to refer later.
- Repeatedly recite loud all the items that you want to remember. When you learn something new, such as a person name, repeat it aloud to commit it to your memory. Repeating facts or information to yourself aloud helps you to hear yourself. This tactic can help you be successful in being able to recall it later. If you don’t mind being heard, repeat it multiple times.
- You can remember information more easily if you focus entirely on it without distractions while studying. Persons need to store information in their long-term memory before they want to recall it at a later date. It’s hard to store something in your long-term memory if you have any other distractions at that time.
To how much memory you can retrieve is still in question. However, by reinvigorating your mind, you can, at least, hold on to all the new memories that you create. Continually and loyally do the things reiterated above. Remember, no one can make your memory netter but you alone. Start it now and have a longer memory through your aging years.